About Me

My Photo
I am a politically-progressive, ethically-herbivorous anthropoid pursuing a paleontology education in the Los Angeles Basin. I am largely nocturnal, have rarely been photographed, and cannot thrive in captivity.

10 May 2011

What's In A Nomen?

I'm considering a name change, both to my handle and to the blog itself. I'd keep the same URL, but part of me thinks the current title gives too much of the wrong impression, as though I'm trying to say there's a necessary connection between paleontology and veganism.

The new name, and possibly the new avatar handle as well, would be The Humane Hominid.

I'd love some feedback from my readers about it. What do y'all think?

7 comments:

  1. I was drawn to this site partly because of the name, but I'll continue to read no matter what you call it. Thanks for taking the time to write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Humane Hominid, but I think you should wait to make a decision until we have debated several more rounds - by which time I hope to have convinced you that there in fact is a connection between paleontology and veganism!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, and I love The Humane Hominid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I doubt anyone has been put off by the current title. I do think, that even if the connection is not there(between veganism and paleontology), that the title is a good reflection of what the blog is about. As such, I think it servers to quickly know what the blog will be about, and attract interested readers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think "it ain't broke". You write about the fossil record, you write about veganism, and you write about (sometimes) where they overlap. I can tell you, I never would have found this site if it were called "The Humane Hominid", even if it is a more apt title. Paleoveganology may be the question and Humane Hominid may be the answer, but most people will come for the question and stay to read the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, y'all have convinced me to keep the title. But I will likely change my avatar name after I have bested Mr. Maxson, :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was also going to say I love the current name but will read your blog no matter what you call it. :)

    ReplyDelete