About Me

My Photo
I am a politically-progressive, ethically-herbivorous anthropoid pursuing a paleontology education in the Los Angeles Basin. I am largely nocturnal, have rarely been photographed, and cannot thrive in captivity.

17 September 2011

Starved "Vegan" Baby Prosecutor: It Wasn't Veganism At All

I admit, I haven't closely followed the case of the Atlanta vegan couple who starved their baby to death, but I've had to be harangued about it on several occasions. So, I thought it worth pointing out a statement issued by the prosecutor in the case:
"No matter how many times they want to say, 'We're vegans, we're vegetarians,' that's not the issue in this case," prosecutor Chuck Boring said during the trial. "The child died because he was not fed. Period."
Interestingly, it was the defense who argued that the baby died as a result of his parents' vegan ideals. The prosecution, however, argued that veganism wasn't the issue. Seems the judge and jury agreed.

Why can't the rest of the meaty-mouthed world?

4 comments:

  1. ~Tongue in cheek~ So the baby didn't die from a vegan diet- the baby died because a vegan diet made two people too stupid to know you need to FEED babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tongue in cheek or not, Paleo Huntress, you are proof positive bad decisions come in all shapes, colors, sizes & diets, evidenced by you useless comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMAO @ elizabet... I'm holding up the mirror, dear, take a look inside. =)

    ReplyDelete